01 March 2018

Census update

As a update to an earlier post about the US Census:


Alvin C said...

Although Professor Thomas Brunell is no longer being considered for the deputy directorship of the Census, it's worth examining [this Chronicle of Higher Ed summary of] his work, namely the contrarian book Redistricting and Representation: Why Competitive Elections are Bad for America: "If a candidate wins with 51 percent of the vote, then the other 49 percent of voters get nothing. But if a candidate gets, say, 75 percent, then a larger share of voters would be satisfied."

The way that the census has counted prisoners has not changed, but rising US incarceration rates have significantly added onto the populations of legislative districts that host prisons. Prisons tend to be located in rural and low-density regions anyway, magnifying the proportional impact on district populations. see the Prisoners of the Census advocacy website for more.

Here, Gregory Piatetsky writes on the provenance of the story about "How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did"

kristinahojholt said...

Thanks a lot for giving everyone an extremely brilliant opportunity to read articles and blog posts from this site. It can be very pleasant plus packed with amusement for me personally and my office friends to visit your site at minimum three times in 7 days to see the new guides you will have. Not to mention, I'm also usually happy with the astonishing inspiring ideas you serve. Some 1 facts on this page are really the most effective we have ever had. holiday ideas