05 January 2009

Is eminent domain a mainstream topic?

Some of the planning topics that we explore have proven to be a bit obscure. I know, because when I chat with people at public meetings or sit next to a stranger on an airplane, it takes while for me to explain why PPGIS or TDR are interesting to me. I mean they all impact your property rights and taxes, and they all might shape the places where you live or play, right? At least that's how I see it. But the citizenry has a mixed response to the issues.

So, now eminent domain comes along and is in the papers a little more often than the others on the list. I know it has some non-profits trying to fight its use and make the public aware of the tradeoffs involved. But do people really care? Or is this a fringe movement? Well, today I found this interesting piece of evidence that suggests this is a mainstream conversation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have uninstalled a certain app from my iPhone, and it still appears on the home screen! I'll need help for this one.



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone 3g[/url]

Anonymous said...

So I just got a voice mail from my girl friend that she has been sleeping around with my friend!!! So like any pissed boy friend I have choosen to broadcast every naughty picture I have of her to the world wide web. I have uploaded the pics here: http://www.GF4Free.com/
Just search for sexyerica344, enjoy!