17 November 2009

2009 Top 10 Shapers of the American Landscape

Here is the list of Top 10 Shapers that I am presenting in EDA listed in alphabetic order. For comparison purposes I have linked each one to its entry in Wikipedia, but these are not definitive descriptions. And the Top 10 Shapers tag at the end will find you a few other interesting links...

Daniel Burnham

Andrew Jackson Downing

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Herbert Hoover

Thomas Jefferson

William J. Levitt

Robert Moses

John Muir

Frederick Law Olmsted

Gifford Pinchot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Vincetastic said...

Hi David, this is an excellent and very interesting top ten list. I wonder what criteria you used to determine who a shaper was. John Muir would be my #1, he did so much to preserve our natural habitats here in the West. You can cross-post this to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/ and link back to your site. We are trying to create a directory for top ten lists where people can find your site. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.