17 November 2009

2009 Top 10 Shapers of the American Landscape

Here is the list of Top 10 Shapers that I am presenting in EDA listed in alphabetic order. For comparison purposes I have linked each one to its entry in Wikipedia, but these are not definitive descriptions. And the Top 10 Shapers tag at the end will find you a few other interesting links...

Daniel Burnham

Andrew Jackson Downing

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Herbert Hoover

Thomas Jefferson

William J. Levitt

Robert Moses

John Muir

Frederick Law Olmsted

Gifford Pinchot


Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Vincetastic said...

Hi David, this is an excellent and very interesting top ten list. I wonder what criteria you used to determine who a shaper was. John Muir would be my #1, he did so much to preserve our natural habitats here in the West. You can cross-post this to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/ and link back to your site. We are trying to create a directory for top ten lists where people can find your site. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.