26 August 2007

Sagarin football Fall 2007

It promises to be an interesting year for my four primary college football allegiances, so I thought I might try to track the progress right from the start this year. I am going to try to track the progress of all four throughout the season, no matter how painful it gets, using the Sagarin college football rankings. Here they are for the start of the season:

Team Rank Score
LSU 4 90.47
Wisconsin 15 84.53
Rutgers 16 84.24
Kentucky 60 71.12

It means that if UK and LSU met on a neutral field, LSU would be expected to win by nearly 20 points. But, since the Sagarin computer rankings are based on networked comparisons of game outcomes, Jeff Sagarin himself suggests that we should trust the numbers until some games are played and data are compiled. Meanwhile, I need to figure out how to make graphs for the blog.

No comments: