10 March 2011

Are we over-reliant on social media?

Well, of course the answer is yes.

(Twitter break)

But I mean as a tool for giving community groups a voice?  A group had citizens mark properties in New Orleans that they wished were being used better.  But they didn't do it on Google Maps or using GPS.

(Facebook break)

They used name tag stickers.  But, instead of saying My Name Is... the stickers said I Wish This Was...

(Check Linked-In)

The stickers are low-tech, easily accessible technique that has a totally different kind of impact and reach than online approaches.  But in some parts of NOLA it might be considered vandalism, too.  Tell us what you think.

1 comment:

Puk said...

I love guerilla change... I guerilla weed every time I see the need... but this context requires the ears and eyes of powers that be. Otherwise, it amounts to nothing more than an expression of unmet desire.

On a separate note, I left my Android at home today. I panicked for a few minutes, then proceeded to have the most relaxing commute of my life.